See also "The Complete Angler" by Donavan Hall (@theangler)

Friday, February 20, 2015

One-dimensional

My intentions to chronicle the unfolding adventure of our brewery (breweries, counting Secret Engine) have been rekindled.  At the brewery today, Other Mike was explaining to us all the events and opportunities and connections…

Turns out one of our beers is the featured beer at Jimmy’s 43 in Manhattan.  We delivered a keg of Royal Brown, but Jimmy just tweeted that he put a keg of Black Vienna on.  I worry that some craft beer drinkers will be enjoying our Royal Brown thinking that it is Black Vienna.

Speaking of tweets, Other Mike explained that Instagram was even more important than Facebook.  How is Instagram different that Twitter? I asked.  Twitter is for writers; Instagram is for everybody else, he said.  Go to know that Twitter is a literary medium.  At least I know which one to prefer.

Still, at Other Mike’s insistence, I created an Instagram account for RPAB: rockypointbeer.


I am becoming more one-dimensional.  As technology demands more and more of me.  Now I must photograph my glass of beer and… what?  instagram it?  Is there a verb for instagramming?  I asked Patrick (he’s 9) what Instagram was all about.  Nothing, he said.   That’s cleared it up.

No comments: