See also "The Complete Angler" by Donavan Hall (@theangler)

Thursday, October 30, 2014

November novels

A real-life friend of mine (who actually reads this blog) commented yesterday (in person) that he was contemplating writing a novel in November.  It was ten years ago when he and I wrote our first November novels.

The novel I wrote that year was one that I'd been carrying around inside me since 1990 when I scribbled the first scenes in a notebook I'd purchased in Italy.  I won't try to reconstruct the order and history of my November novels today, but I will only say that I thought I would return to the same set of characters each November and write another chapter in the ongoing saga of their lives.  My principle characters are Adam and his first love Melanie.  Last year during November I rewrote the early history of Adam and Melanie as children growing up together.

This year I'll likely return to Adam and Melanie's story and add to it.  Yesterday and this morning I've been sketching an outline for a possible new installment in their invented life story.  I don't think of this new book that I might / will(?) be writing next month as part of a series of books, but as adding to one fat book.

No comments: