See also "The Complete Angler" by Donavan Hall (@theangler)

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Reboot

Ever since I started writing my first blog (ten years ago) I've struggled with the issue of how to write about what interests me, but also write a blog that is focused enough that somebody will be inclined to read it.  I don't think I've ever found a satisfactory solution to the problem of how to keep the attention of my craft beer readers when I start writing about the books I'm reading.  And only a very few of my "literary" friends have any interest in soccer.  However, there does seem to be a decent cross-section of my "physics" friends who follow soccer, drink good beer, and read good books.

The other practical concern I have is that I am responsible for informing people about what our brewery, Rocky Point Artisan Brewers, is doing.  For example, we'll be at the Rocky Point Farmers Market tomorrow (Sunday) morning from 8am to 1pm serving some of our latest creations.  There, you've been told, so if you happen to live on Long Island...

Speaking of the brewery, we've been collaborating with Mike and Matt of Secret Engine in Brooklyn.  Secret Engine is currently in the process of securing a brewing facility of their own, but while they are working on that, they've been making beer with us at RPAB.  In fact, last weekend we had a joint collaboration launch party at Jimmy's No. 43 in Manhattan.  Two of our collaboration beers were on tap, plus two by RPAB.  A lot of our friends turned up to enjoy our beer.  We really appreciate the support!

I'll keep this "reboot" post short, but let this entry serve as notice that Donavan is back on the beer blogging beat.  But in addition to my continuing beer adventures, I'm going to keep on writing about the other things I enjoy, the books I read, the sport I love (soccer), and the subject of my professional life (physics).  All these interests are combined in a single human, so instead of keeping them separate, I'll write about the whole convoluted mess on these virtual pages.

See you soon.  Cheers!

No comments: